- Design: SATOH Hirotaka Hokari Take
- Site: 2-14-1 Fujimi, Chuo-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba EX CHIBA EX
- Use: Commercial building
- Building area: 1048.22m2
- Total floor area: 7689.21m2
- Completion: 2008.12.05
- Structure: Alpha Structure Design Office
- Facilities: Tatens office
- Illumination: Sora Associates
- Art: Plaplax
- Construction: Takenaka Corporation
- Photo by Koichi Torimura
- SATOH Hirotaka
- Award: 6th NISC Iso Band Design Contest
- Jury Award / Kazuhiro Kojima Award
The site faces a busy scramble intersection and aims to be a core facility that changes the cityscape in front of the aging Chiba station.
The traffic flow space was concentrated in the stairwell on the shopping street side, and the design was open to the shopping street through a highly transparent curtain wall. By doing so, it is a lively space integrated with the shopping district.
In addition, an organic graphic design by plaplax is inserted into the five-story atrium facing the intersection to enhance landmark properties.
The building name “EX” is a prefix that means “out” in English. Starting from this building, it sends out various kinds of information and stimuli, and the name of the whole district is made with the desire to develop attractively.