- Design: Hironao Sato Ryohei Tsutsui Yuka Miyamoto
- Site: Raiden Town, Koga City, Ibaraki Prefecture
- Use: Residential
- Structure: 2-story wooden structure, 2 buildings
- Site area: 170.96m2・218.05m2
- Building area: 84.46m2・65.41m2
- Total floor area: 143.69m2・114.27m2
- Completion: 2011.6
- Structure: Koji Tsuboi Structural Design Office
- Masayuki Takada / RGB STRUCTURE
- Construction: Takashima Construction
- Photo: Hirohisa Sato
Two two-story wooden houses for sale in the suburbs. While both buildings are characterized by the structural expression of wood, each has its own unique character. In addition, the partitions in the private rooms are planned to be easily removed in the future, making the house flexible enough to accommodate changes in lifestyle.
We call the timber frame of this house the twisted truss. By three-dimensionally intersecting the scissors truss, which is used in a large space, the horizontal strength has been increased and a strong structure has been realized.
By combining the climbing beams in a truss shape at the top, a large space is created, creating an LDK with an atrium and a private room with a high ceiling. By showing the climbing beam, the space is given individuality.