- Design: SATOH Hirotaka Shinta Takeda
- Site: Ekimae Honmachi, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa
- Use: Commercial facilities
- Structure: Reinforced concrete partially steel frame 6 stories above ground and 1 story below ground
- Site area: 788.56m2
- Building area: 724.38m2
- Total floor area: 5001.68m2
- Structure: Obayashi
- Completion: 2012.07
- Construction: Obayashi Corporation
- Photo: SATOH Hirotaka
Seismic retrofit of commercial building adjacent to Kawasaki Station and renovation of interior and exterior.
The building was renovated eight times from the two-story building completed in 36 to renovate a six-story commercial building. At the same time, the interior and exterior were completely renewed, renewing the image of the building.
As for seismic retrofitting, earthquake-resistant walls have been added.
The most efficient method of arranging the earthquake-resistant walls is to place them in a checkered pattern, and the facade facing the street was designed using the checkered walls arranged in a checkered pattern.
The three-dimensional aluminum exterior (only the sides of the color are shaded) and the glass openings are arranged rhythmically, creating the individuality of this building.
The combination of aluminum panels and glass, despite the constraints of renovation, created a sharp appearance, focusing on the details of the single corner.