- Design: Hirotaka Sato, Shintaro Takeda
- Site: Asahi Village, Murakami City, Niigata Prefecture
- Use: Residential
- Structure: Wooden 2nd floor
- Site area: 368.21m2
- Building area: 108.39m2
- Total floor area: 146.09m2
- Completion: 2009.12
- Construction: Sato Industry
- Photo: Hirotaka Sato
The site is located in the inland area of Murakami City, Niigata Prefecture, in a heavy snowfall area.
This gabled house consists of a collection of small boxes.
Each box has a structurally independent roof, and each roof is assembled to form a single gable-shaped house.
The space between the roofs becomes a slit, and the light that changes every moment shines inside.
For heating, we adopted a heat storage type floor heating that uses late-night electricity. Despite the cold climate, you can spend comfortably without using the air conditioner even in winter.