- Design: SATOH Hirotaka Shinta Takeda
- Site: Asahi Village, Murakami City, Niigata Prefecture
- Use: Housing
- Structure: Wooden 2nd floor
- Site area: 368.21m2
- Building area: 108.39m2
- Total floor area: 146.09m2
- Completion: 2009.12
- Construction: Sato Industry
- Photo: SATOH Hirotaka
The site is located inland in Murakami City, Niigata Prefecture, and is a heavy snowfall area.
This gable type house is composed of a collection of small boxes.
Each box has a structurally independent roof, and each roof collectively forms a gabled house.
A slit is formed between the roofs, and light that changes every moment shines into the interior.
Heating uses a regenerative floor heating system that uses midnight power. Despite the cold climate, they can comfortably spend the winter without using the air conditioner.