- Design: SATOH Hirotaka Ritsuhei Tsutsui
- Site: 1-5-12 Shinjo, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki
- Use: Commercial facilities
- Structure: Reinforced concrete 4 floors above ground 1 floor below ground
- Site area: 1128.56m2
- Building area: 727.59m2
- Total floor area: 2883.19m2
- Structure: Institute for Revitalization Planning
- Completion: 2013.06
- Construction: Shimizu Building Life Care
- Photo: SATOH Hirotaka
- Selected for the 20th Space Design Competition
The renovation work, including seismic retrofitting of a 40-year-old clothing store, was carried out so that people could wear tailor-made clothes.
The existing facade, whose structure is uneven, is filled with thick glass blocks to fill gaps, and the aging surface is smoothly tailored with tiles, adding patterns indispensable to clothes, adding white clothing to existing buildings Was dressed up.
The tiles and glass blocks were integrated into a 150-square module, so that the pattern was continuous throughout the building, creating a facade that looked as if it were smooth clothes.
At night, the lighting on the back of the glass block gives a different look to the city at night.