- Design: Hirotaka Sato, Ryohei Tsutsui
- Site: 1-5-12 Shinshiro, Nakahara Ward, Kawasaki City
- Use: Commercial facility
- Structure: Reinforced concrete structure, 4 floors above ground, 1 floor below ground
- Site area: 1128.56m2
- Building area: 727.59m2
- Total floor area: 2883.19m2
- Structure: Revitalization Planning Institute
- Completion: 2013.06
- Construction: Shimizu Building Life Care
- Photo: Hirotaka Sato
- Selected for the 20th Spatial Design Competition
The 40-year-old clothing store underwent renovation work, including seismic reinforcement, so that people can wear tailor-made clothes.
Thick glass blocks fill gaps in the existing façade, which has an uneven structure, and tiles are used to smooth out the aging surface. dressed in
The tiles and glass blocks are unified into 150-square modules, and the pattern continues throughout the building, creating a façade that looks like a smooth piece of clothing.
The lights installed behind the glass blocks give the city a different look at night than during the day.